RELEASE, REJUVENATE, REBOOT!
For us, detoxing is more than juice fasting. Join us and discover sustainable and gentle ways to cleanse and rejuvenate your body, mind and soul. Together, we will prepare detoxifying foods, drinks, and natural skin care while tapping into the century-old wisdom of Ayurveda, modern medecine, and culinary nutrition.
Find lightness and clarity through 4 days of learning, sharing and conscious reflexions in a supportive group of like-minded people.
Please note that our Detox Workshop is not a fast. Together we will prepare a light breakfast and lunch every day and you will receive tips and recommendations for eating out in the evening should you choose to. This course is a well-balanced mix of talks, food preparation and question and answer sessions and is designed to guide participants towards an easy, and gentle way to re-energise themselves, during the course and at any time later at home.
(subject to change)
DAY ONE (10am – 3pm)
- What is Detoxing and why should I consider it?
- Nutrition 101: Carbohydrates
- Sweeteners and Desserts while detoxing
- The Salad Myth and oil-free dressings
- Ayurvedic principles for Detox
- Intermittant Fasting
- Natural Skincare
- (Food) Journalling
DAY TWO (10am – 3pm)
- Hydration, Water, Juicing
- Detox Smoothies, Bitters, Charcoal
- Moon Phases and Detox
- Food Combining
- Environmental Detox
- Nutrition 101: Plant-based Protein
- Incorporating cooked/warm elements into a raw diet
- Fermentation and Gut Health, probiotics/prebiotics
- Lacto-fermented veggies, coconut yogurt, kefir
DAY THREE (10am – 3pm)
- Detox Breakfasts
- Nutrition 101: Fats
- Relationship Detox
- The Benefits of Seaweed
- Flavours, Sauces and Toppings while detoxing
- Soaking and Sprouting
- Transitioning, what to take home
DAY FOUR (10am – 12pm)
- Celebration Breakfast
- Healthy Snacks
- Tips for eating out
- Closing/Sharing Circle
Naturopath, homeopathic practitioner, holistic nutritionist, raw food instructor, and vegan cookbook author. Former Matthew Kenney instructor. Passionate about learning and sharing ways to live a socially fair, ecologically sustainable, spiritually fulfilling and healthy life.
Duration and Times:
Monday-Wednesday: 10am to 3pm (with 1 hour break time)
Thursday: 10am to 12pm
- Morning Juice and snack
- Light lunch
- DETOX guide and recipe book
how to book
Booking Procedure & Payment
Book your ticket easily and safely at the top of this page under CHOOSE YOUR DATE. You will be guided through the entire process. Payment by credit card will be processed in Indonesia Rupiah.
*Alternative payment methods on request: [email protected]
CANCELLATION POLICY for ACADEMY CLASSES AND TRAININGS
IF YOU CANCEL THE PARTICIPATION
Please note that there will be no refund or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in the event for any reason, the refund policy below will apply, with no exceptions. To protect yourself further, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
Refunds apply as follows:
* Raw Chef Trainings and Masterclasses:
– More than 8 weeks before the start of the course: 100% refund less 10% handling fee.
– 4 to 8 weeks before the start of the course: 50% refund less 10% handling fee.
– Up to 4 weeks before the start of the course: no refund.
* 4-Day Intensives and Individual Cooking Classes:
– 1 week or more before the class: 100% refund less 10% handling fee.
– 6 days or less before the class: no refund.
* Bespoke classes for Retreat Groups:
– 1 week or more before the class: 100% deposit refund less 10% handling fee.
– 6 days or less before the class: no refund.
IF WE CANCEL THE EVENT
In any circumstances, we reserve the right to adjust the program (i.e., replace a facilitator).
In the unlikely event that we must cancel the event due to illness, emergency, death, natural disaster or political upheaval, etc., alternate dates will be offered. Registrants unable to attend on the alternate dates will receive a full refund.
We cannot, however, compensate you for any incurred airfare, travel, or accommodation costs. To cover these risks, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
NOTE & TRAVEL INSURANCE
We accept no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness, which may occur during the retreat. All students are strongly recommended to have their own travel insurance to cover any loss or injury, including repatriation if necessary.
Raw Chef Trainings and Masterclasses are limited to 16 students with all practical skill classes held in pairs or groups of 4 people. 4-day intensives and cooking classes are limited to 30 people.
Arrival, Pickup, Visa and Accommodation Info
4-Day Intensive Course: Please arrive at 10am sharp on the first day of your course.
Raw Chef Trainings, Desserts Chef Trainings, Chocolatier Certifications: We will all meet on the first course day at 5 pm at the Sayuri Healing Food Academy for our Opening Circle and Welcome Dinner. Please arrive on time!
AIRPORT PICK UP
We recommend arranging your airport pick up with the accommodation you will be staying at. There is also an official taxi stand right after the arrival gate at the airport. Below is our Friend Taxi Drivers list. Please contact them directly via email or WhatsApp if you want them to pick you up.
Kadek: [email protected] (he also has a nice homestay in Hanuman Street)
Ketut (Galang Wijaya): [email protected] (he also offers amazing Balinese farm cooking classes)
Visitors from most countries do not require a visa if you are staying 30 days or less. If you think you might want to extend your stay beyond 30 days, you will need to purchase the Visa on Arrival directly at the airport or at the Indonesian embassy in your home country. It will cost around 35 USD and is required to apply for an extension. Immigration rules change here all the time, please check again on the Internet before you book your travel.
Closest to Sayuri Healing Food Café and Academy (our recommendation!)
- DoReMi Ubud Guesthouse （www.doremiubudguesthouse.com ）$27~ / night (just around the corner from us, kind Japanese owner)
Contact: [email protected] (Yumi) + 62 852 5384 4849
- Hidden Garden Bamboo Villa (https://abnb.me/ouMLMjE4kM / http://urx2.nu/N0hj ) $60~ / night (just around the corner from us)
Contact: [email protected] +62 89672843885
- SenS Hotel & Spa（www.senshotelsresorts.com ） $70~ / night (right next to us)
In walking distance to Sayuri Healing Food Café and Academy and in budget price range:
- Tebesaya Homestay
- Karma House
- Desak Putu Putera Hidden
- Bali Sila Tebesaya Apartment
- Pondok Kutuh Guest Houses
- Desak Putu Putera Cottages
Following are a little further away (need motorbike/motorbike taxi)
Budge price range:
- Villa Mantra https://www.villamantrastudio.com/
- Runa Guesthouse http://www.booking.com/hotel/id/runa-guesthouse.html
- Pangkung House www.booking.com/Pangkung-House [email protected]
A little more expensive :