Bali’s First Raw Chocolatier Certification!
Raw Chef Training facilitator Sayuri Healing Food and Bali’s only shelf-stable Raw Chocolate factory Elevated Cacao are teaming up to offer you Bali’s one and only Raw Chocolatier Certification Course.
After the success of Elevated Cacao’s first Masterclasses at the Sayuri Healing Food Academy, we didn’t want to wait a minute longer to share all we know about raw chocolate-making with you. We believe that raw, vegan, and high-vibrational chocolate enhances our healing processes, rejuvenation, and longevity on the physical, emotional & spiritual levels. For us, there is always more possible. More joy, more vitality, more elevation – in our lives, in our love, and in our food.Whether you want to start or expand your own raw vegan chocolate business, or you simply want to spend a joy-filled week in the wondrous world of raw, vegan chocolate making, this course is for you.
In Level 1, you will learn all about the magical world of raw cacao, superfoods, sweeteners, and other chocolate-specific ingredients, and you will be tempering your own raw, vegan chocolate, pralines, mendiants, bars, enrobed delights, and more. We will go on a field trip and visit the Elevated Cacao chocolate factory.
Let us blend, dip, sprinkle, splat, marble, and crunch our way to cacao heaven!
If “we are what we eat”, what food do we want to become? Have you noticed that when you smile, the whole universe, even your neighbor & the trees, smiles back at you? And do you see the stars in everyone’s eyes when you share a bar of raw chocolate? Let us create those smiles and that joy! We rely on the abundance of Bali to give us the purest and highest- quality ingredients on the planet. Our chocolate will be minimally-processed, hand-crafted, and as kind as possible to our bodies, our fellow living beings, and our planet.
What you will learn: talks, field trips, lectures
- Where does Cacao come from, how to source the best products
- Understanding the Bean-to-Bar Concept
- Elevated Cacao Factory Visit, seeing professional equipment in action
- What is Chocolate? What is Raw Chocolate?
- Ingredients and techniques, the magic and the chemistry
- Superfoods, spices, extracts and oils, identification and usage in chocolate
- Fats and Sweeteners: properties and use in chocolate
- Chocolate-making equipment from home to factory
- Dehydrating vs baking
- Understanding Tempering, why do it and what happens
- Enrobing and dipping, molding and unmolding tempered and untempered chocolate
- Flavour balancing and pairing with cacao
- Beautiful Cacao Body Care
- Basics of chocolate-specific food photography and the art of plating and decorating
What you will make*:
- Tempered and untempered chocolate
- Barks, mendiants, bars, solids, bonbons, and pralines Chocolate milks, smoothies, and hot chocolates
- Toppings, chips, sprinkles, and other dehydrated decorations Praliné, bonbon fillings, ganache
- Fudge slice, chocolate chip ice cream
- Raw chocolate fondant
- Savoury cacao applications
- Raw vegan body products
- Final creative project
* you will be working at stations of 4 students.
Paul has loved chocolate since his very first Caramello Koala, but it wasn’t until his first trip to Bali several years ago that he discovered the magic and power of raw chocolate. Inspired by the power, health and simplicity of the raw chocolate he was tasting, Paul went back to his home in London and began to teach himself how to make raw chocolate.
Three years, kilos of chocolate, and a tempering machine later, Elevated Cacao was born!
Naturopath, homeopathic practitioner, holistic nutritionist, raw food instructor, and vegan cookbook author. Former Matthew Kenney instructor. Passionate about learning and sharing ways to live a socially fair, ecologically sustainable, spiritually fulfilling and healthy life.
In 2015, Amanda decided to hit the “pause” button on her corporate life and spend a year traveling, doing yoga, and taking a lot of very deep breaths.
First stop was Bali…which turned out to be the last… Shortly after arriving in Ubud, Amanda met Paul, discovered raw chocolate & fresh coconut water, and knew she was home. Now she spends her days making chocolate and masterminding all things logistical for EC.
Vegan & raw retreat chef & raw food trainer, founder of “Sayuri Healing Food”, co-founder of the other raw vegan café in Bali. Passionate to share & bring light, joy, excitement & playfulness to the world! Enthusiastic to assist your individual journey to re- discover each gift of who you truly are through retreats and raw food chef trainings that she facilities in Bali and around the world. Raw-sweet enthusiasm both to create & eat ;)
Sunday 16 to Friday 21 December 2018
Sunday 23 to Friday 28 June 2019
Sunday 8 to Friday 13 December 2019
Sample Daily Schedule:
10:00-11:45 Class or Lecture
12:00-13:45 Class or Lecture
14:15-16:00 Class or Lecture
Welcome circle/dinner at 5 pm
Party/Graduation/Closing Circle until 5pm
* Includes classes, manuals, apron with logo, field trip, lunch on all class days, Sayuri Healing Food & Elevated Cacao Raw Chocolatier Level 1 certificate (Please note that you will receive a “certification of completion” of a 1-week raw chocolate training. Although it is not an accredited license, it documents your acquired knowledge & skills should you want to apply for work in a similar field.)
** Does NOT include flights, accommodation, yoga, breakfast, dinner.
how to book
Booking Procedure & Payment
Book your ticket easily and safely at the top of this page under CHOOSE YOUR DATE. You will be guided through the entire process. Payment by credit card will be processed in Indonesia Rupiah.
*Alternative payment methods on request: [email protected]
CANCELLATION POLICY for ACADEMY CLASSES AND TRAININGS
IF YOU CANCEL THE PARTICIPATION
Please note that there will be no refund or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in the event for any reason, the refund policy below will apply, with no exceptions. To protect yourself further, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
Refunds apply as follows:
* Raw Chef Trainings and Masterclasses:
– More than 8 weeks before the start of the course: 100% refund less 10% handling fee.
– 4 to 8 weeks before the start of the course: 50% refund less 10% handling fee.
– Up to 4 weeks before the start of the course: no refund.
* 4-Day Intensives and Individual Cooking Classes:
– 1 week or more before the class: 100% refund less 10% handling fee.
– 6 days or less before the class: no refund.
* Bespoke classes for Retreat Groups:
– 1 week or more before the class: 100% deposit refund less 10% handling fee.
– 6 days or less before the class: no refund.
IF WE CANCEL THE EVENT
In any circumstances, we reserve the right to adjust the program (i.e., replace a facilitator).
In the unlikely event that we must cancel the event due to illness, emergency, death, natural disaster or political upheaval, etc., alternate dates will be offered. Registrants unable to attend on the alternate dates will receive a full refund.
We cannot, however, compensate you for any incurred airfare, travel, or accommodation costs. To cover these risks, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
NOTE & TRAVEL INSURANCE
We accept no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness, which may occur during the retreat. All students are strongly recommended to have their own travel insurance to cover any loss or injury, including repatriation if necessary.
Raw Chef Trainings and Masterclasses are limited to 16 students with all practical skill classes held in pairs or groups of 4 people. 4-day intensives and cooking classes are limited to 30 people.
Arrival, Pickup, Visa and Accommodation Info
4-Day Intensive Course: Please arrive at 10am sharp on the first day of your course.
Raw Chef Trainings, Desserts Chef Trainings, Chocolatier Certifications: We will all meet on the first course day at 5 pm at the Sayuri Healing Food Academy for our Opening Circle and Welcome Dinner. Please arrive on time!
AIRPORT PICK UP
We recommend arranging your airport pick up with the accommodation you will be staying at. There is also an official taxi stand right after the arrival gate at the airport. Below is our Friend Taxi Drivers list. Please contact them directly via email or WhatsApp if you want them to pick you up.
Kadek: [email protected] (he also has a nice homestay in Hanuman Street)
Ketut (Galang Wijaya): [email protected] (he also offers amazing Balinese farm cooking classes)
Visitors from most countries do not require a visa if you are staying 30 days or less. If you think you might want to extend your stay beyond 30 days, you will need to purchase the Visa on Arrival directly at the airport or at the Indonesian embassy in your home country. It will cost around 35 USD and is required to apply for an extension. Immigration rules change here all the time, please check again on the Internet before you book your travel.
Closest to Sayuri Healing Food Café and Academy (our recommendation!)
- DoReMi Ubud Guesthouse （www.doremiubudguesthouse.com ）$27~ / night (just around the corner from us, kind Japanese owner)
Contact: [email protected] (Yumi) + 62 852 5384 4849
- Hidden Garden Bamboo Villa (https://abnb.me/ouMLMjE4kM / http://urx2.nu/N0hj ) $60~ / night (just around the corner from us)
Contact: [email protected] +62 89672843885
- SenS Hotel & Spa（www.senshotelsresorts.com ） $70~ / night (right next to us)
In walking distance to Sayuri Healing Food Café and Academy and in budget price range:
- Tebesaya Homestay
- Karma House
- Desak Putu Putera Hidden
- Bali Sila Tebesaya Apartment
- Pondok Kutuh Guest Houses
- Desak Putu Putera Cottages
Following are a little further away (need motorbike/motorbike taxi)
Budge price range:
- Villa Mantra https://www.villamantrastudio.com/
- Runa Guesthouse http://www.booking.com/hotel/id/runa-guesthouse.html
- Pangkung House www.booking.com/Pangkung-House [email protected]
A little more expensive :