Raw Dream Desserts for Mind, Body, and Soul!
At Sayuri Healing Food Café in Ubud, Bali, one of our guests’ favourite spots is in front of the desserts display. Every day, the kitchen team, inspired by Sayuri Tanaka, internationally renowned raw vegan chef and desserts magician, bring out new raw vegan (and some gluten-free baked) cakes, sweets, and chocolates, made from the most high-vibrational ingredients available and with limitless love and joy.
And so it is with music and coconuts in our hearts that we have created our first week-long Raw Desserts Chef Training! You are a seasoned classical pastry chef, a raw food enthusiast, or right at the start of a journey to a kinder, healthier and more creative lifestyle? We invite you all to join us in our sparkling new Sayuri Healing Food Academy and learn the techniques, specialty ingredients, and tricks of the trade required to create guilt-free, luscious, and ridiculously delicious cakes, pies, and sweets.
In Level 1, you will learn all about natural sweeteners, binders, and healthy fats. You will make raw-vegan layered-cheesecakes, brownies, ice-cream, fruit crumble, tiramisu, banana cream pie and much much more. You will use professional equipment, learn valuable kitchen tips, go on a fun field trip, and work in teams to design and create your very own raw-vegan birthday cake. You will meet like-minded people and have the opportunity to enjoy the magical village of Ubud, Bali.
Come and make sweets that are fast and easy to prepare, contain a full spectrum of good nutrients, antioxidants, and phytonutrients, and provide a boost of good energy and happy and positive vibrations. We eat energy. And we exchange the energy of love through food. If “we are what we eat”, we want to become the love that we eat. We want to become the flowing, shining, and endless love within by eating healthy, nutritious, heart-opening and dare we say, enlightening food.
In the different tabs you will find curriculum, price, location and booking details. Please don’t hesitate to contact [email protected] with any further questions.
What you will learn
- Raw vegan dessert-specific tools and equipment
- Key raw food preparation techniques and dessert recipe formulations
- Designing, preparing and building cakes and pies
- Alternative Sweeteners and Fats, properties and use
- Soaking and activating nuts and seeds
- Blending and Dehydrating
- Binders, Thickeners, Emulsifiers
- Using Irish moss and agar-agar in raw desserts
- Nut-free variations
- Superfoods, spices, extracts and oils, identification and usage in raw desserts
- Flavour balancing for desserts
- Natural colourings
- Introduction to piping techniques
- Sweet natural skin-care
- Basics of desserts-specific food photography and the art of plating and decorating
- Movie Night one evening
What you will make*:
- Chocolate Brownie and Ganache
- Quick Ice cream and Popsicles
- Cheesecakes and their decoration techniques
- Tiramisu, Banana Cream Pie, and Fruit Crumble Fruit
- Wraps and Rolls
- Coconut and Tree-nut Creams, Frostings, and Whips
- Donuts and Sweet Bread
- Crunchy Toppings and Shiny Cake Glazes
- Compotes, Jams, Seed Spreads
- Dot Cookies
- Raw vegan skin care products
- Final creative project
* you will be working at stations of 4 students.
Vegan & raw retreat chef & raw food trainer, founder of “Sayuri Healing Food”, co-founder of the other raw vegan café in Bali. Passionate to share & bring light, joy, excitement & playfulness to the world! Enthusiastic to assist your individual journey to re- discover each gift of who you truly are through retreats and raw food chef trainings that she facilities in Bali and around the world. Raw-sweet enthusiasm both to create & eat ;)
19-25 NOVEMBER 2019
(to be followed by Raw Desserts Level 2 from 26 Nov – Dec 2, details coming soon!)
Our training is purposefully condensed from 9.30 to 3.30 every day to give you the opportunity to discover the incredible variety of plant-based cafés and restaurants in Ubud. We will provide you with a list of our favourites and highly recommend you try them out to widen your experience! Go in groups and taste and share!
We start at 9.30 to give you the time to attend yoga classes before or after class.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
9:30-11:15 Class or Lecture
11:30-13:15 Class or Lecture
13:15-13:45 Lunch Break
13:45-15:30 Class or Lecture
Welcome circle/dinner at 5 pm
Party/Graduation/Closing Circle until 5pm
* Includes classes, manuals, field trip, lunch on all class days, Sayuri Healing Food Raw Desserts Chef Training Level 1 certificate (please note that you will receive a “certification of completion” of a 1-week raw desserts chef training. Although it is not an accredited license, it documents your acquired knowledge & skills should you want to apply for work in a similar field.)
** Does NOT include flights, accommodation, yoga, breakfast, dinner.
how to book
Booking Procedure & Payment
Book your ticket easily and safely at the top of this page under CHOOSE YOUR DATE. You will be guided through the entire process. Payment by credit card will be processed in Indonesia Rupiah.
*Alternative payment methods on request: [email protected]
CANCELLATION POLICY for ACADEMY CLASSES AND TRAININGS
IF YOU CANCEL THE PARTICIPATION
Please note that there will be no refund or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in the event for any reason, the refund policy below will apply, with no exceptions. To protect yourself further, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
Refunds apply as follows:
* Raw Chef Trainings and Masterclasses:
– More than 8 weeks before the start of the course: 100% refund less 10% handling fee.
– 4 to 8 weeks before the start of the course: 50% refund less 10% handling fee.
– Up to 4 weeks before the start of the course: no refund.
* 4-Day Intensives and Individual Cooking Classes:
– 1 week or more before the class: 100% refund less 10% handling fee.
– 6 days or less before the class: no refund.
* Bespoke classes for Retreat Groups:
– 1 week or more before the class: 100% deposit refund less 10% handling fee.
– 6 days or less before the class: no refund.
IF WE CANCEL THE EVENT
In any circumstances, we reserve the right to adjust the program (i.e., replace a facilitator).
In the unlikely event that we must cancel the event due to illness, emergency, death, natural disaster or political upheaval, etc., alternate dates will be offered. Registrants unable to attend on the alternate dates will receive a full refund.
We cannot, however, compensate you for any incurred airfare, travel, or accommodation costs. To cover these risks, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
NOTE & TRAVEL INSURANCE
We accept no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness, which may occur during the retreat. All students are strongly recommended to have their own travel insurance to cover any loss or injury, including repatriation if necessary.
Raw Chef Trainings and Masterclasses are limited to 16 students with all practical skill classes held in pairs or groups of 4 people. 4-day intensives and cooking classes are limited to 30 people.
Arrival, Pickup, Visa and Accommodation Info
4-Day Intensive Course: Please arrive at 10am sharp on the first day of your course.
Raw Chef Trainings, Desserts Chef Trainings, Chocolatier Certifications: We will all meet on the first course day at 5 pm at the Sayuri Healing Food Academy for our Opening Circle and Welcome Dinner. Please arrive on time!
AIRPORT PICK UP
We recommend arranging your airport pick up with the accommodation you will be staying at. There is also an official taxi stand right after the arrival gate at the airport. Below is our Friend Taxi Drivers list. Please contact them directly via email or WhatsApp if you want them to pick you up.
Kadek: [email protected] (he also has a nice homestay in Hanuman Street)
Ketut (Galang Wijaya): [email protected] (he also offers amazing Balinese farm cooking classes)
Visitors from most countries do not require a visa if you are staying 30 days or less. If you think you might want to extend your stay beyond 30 days, you will need to purchase the Visa on Arrival directly at the airport or at the Indonesian embassy in your home country. It will cost around 35 USD and is required to apply for an extension. Immigration rules change here all the time, please check again on the Internet before you book your travel.
Closest to Sayuri Healing Food Café and Academy (our recommendation!)
- DoReMi Ubud Guesthouse （www.doremiubudguesthouse.com ）$27~ / night (just around the corner from us, kind Japanese owner)
Contact: [email protected] (Yumi) + 62 852 5384 4849
- Hidden Garden Bamboo Villa (https://abnb.me/ouMLMjE4kM / http://urx2.nu/N0hj ) $60~ / night (just around the corner from us)
Contact: [email protected] +62 89672843885
- SenS Hotel & Spa（www.senshotelsresorts.com ） $70~ / night (right next to us)
In walking distance to Sayuri Healing Food Café and Academy and in budget price range:
- Tebesaya Homestay
- Karma House
- Desak Putu Putera Hidden
- Bali Sila Tebesaya Apartment
- Pondok Kutuh Guest Houses
- Desak Putu Putera Cottages
Following are a little further away (need motorbike/motorbike taxi)
Budge price range:
- Villa Mantra https://www.villamantrastudio.com/
- Runa Guesthouse http://www.booking.com/hotel/id/runa-guesthouse.html
- Pangkung House www.booking.com/Pangkung-House [email protected]
A little more expensive :